Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Starting Over

I feel like I’m starting over again as an artist; reinventing myself. After I graduated from art school I had a 5 year plan to be a self-supporting artist. I was halfway there when life happened. I got married, had a baby, got divorced. Pretty much that quickly.
When my daughter was little I had a few shows because she took naps. However after she started in school I found out she had a learning disability. I spent a lot of time transporting her to and from school and attending countless parent teacher meeting, plus a lot of homework help.
Now she’s finally out of school and it’s time for ME! Unfortunately earning a living keeps getting in the way. So here I am plunging into the world of Blogging and Facebook and online galleries when other people are planning their retirement.
I was never much of a diary keeper but I promise to keep you apprised of my journey towards being a self-supporting artist.

No comments: