Wednesday, March 30, 2011

New Painting

So I've been working on a new painting and taking pictures as I go to track my progress. The first photo shows a very roughed in picture.  I've placed the window and the tree reflection as well as the broken board and I've just started to suggest the tree shadows on the house.
I like to get a sense of what the whole painting will be like when it's finished. By only roughing the main features in I can easily make changes in placement.







 This photo shows more definition around the window and a suggestion of cloud reflections .

I'm about halfway done here. The broken board is more delineated and so is the shadow it casts. You can see the shadow of the tree on the house and some of the smaller branches. There's a sense of seeing into the room where the window is raised and the reflections are more clearly defined.I'll keep you updated as I continue.

No comments: